Rand Harbert is CMO of State Farm at a time when the company has reinvented, or at least reimagined, the way insurance is viewed. That is, instead of being there when things go wrong, they want to be a company that is there when things go right. And, in the process, make it clear that they offer a breadth of services that improves the quality of their customers’ lives by providing proactive resources.
Harbert also touches upon his attendance at the recent World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, discussing topics that were at the forefront there: the recent U.S. presidential election as perceived by international leaders, the impact of digital and data, and the importance of clean energy and the environment.
There is fascinating insight here in this wide-ranging, informative and entertaining podcast with Rand Harbert. Check it out.
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today” podcast include:
- Insurance as a proactive — not reactive — resource. (1:15)
- Customer relationships across messaging and platforms. (3:59)
- Sports marketing and the last bastion of undisrupted television viewing. (10:13)
- Three takeaways from the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos. (13:53)
- Fuel for inspiration and an eye toward the future. (18:06)