Seth Kaufman’s career traces a steady and seemingly unstoppable ascent at PepsiCo. As an intern, he fell in love with the people, the brands and the culture before taking on (and conquering) challenge after challenge, including brand and innovation initiatives, developing channels strategies in sales, and frontline field work on the snack side — where he embraced and developed his strength as a people leader.
Following his work in the field, he returned to headquarters, rebuilding PepsiCo’s media offering in beverages and then running the namesake brand itself. From there, he assumed his current role as CMO PepsiCo North America Beverages.
Seth’s enthusiasm, empathy, passion, and appreciation for the people around him shine through in this wide-ranging and freewheeling podcast.
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today” podcast include:
- Accelerating PepsiCo’s transformation journey across three dimensions: portfolio, marketing and talent. ([4:55])
- The marketing perfect storm: From PepsiMoji to “Empire” product integration and Kola House. ([12:36])
- Pepsi Zero Sugar (and Lady Gaga) take center stage at the Super Bowl. ([17:52])
- Investing in talent — both inside and outside the organization — to cultivate business success. ([22:02])
- The Big Climb: Staying focused leads to team success. ([29:05])
- Taking risks: the agility and vision of big brands like Samsung, Tesla and the NBA. ([32:49])