Alanah Joseph is the Senior Marketing Manager at HubSpot, responsible for marketing and operations of the HubSpot podcast network.
In this episode, Alanah and Alan discuss her role in driving brand awareness and increasing listenership for its shows and the long-term strategy behind launching a podcast network.
“Just as product requirements have grown and changed over time, so have people’s content needs. Alanah and HubSpot believe podcasts will fill that role and that companies and brands will seek out audio for inspiration and solutions to business problems.
Listen as Alanah explains the strategy behind a podcast network and how it elevates content creation to ultimately help customers become better software users and better business practitioners overall.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Leveraging other creators to help spread your message
- Creating opportunities for growth via collaboration
- Highlighting the human element in marketing
- [01:20] Alanah is ambidextrous
- [03:00] How Alanah ended up managing the HubSpot podcast network
- [05:11] Transitioning from written content to audio
- [07:28] HubSpot’s long-term content strategy
- [09:25] The vision behind the network
- [11:11] Working with content creators and podcast hosts
- [14:24] What Alanah has learned about workflow and content creation
- [19:20] What (and who) has made Alanah who she is today
- [20:53] Alanah’s advice for her younger self
- [21:57] A topic Alanah thinks marketers should be learning more about
- [24:23] The brand and organizations Alanah follows
- [27:11] The biggest threat and opportunity for marketers
- HubSpot Podcast Network
- Alanah Joseph
- HubSpot acquires The Hustle (and My First Million Podcast)
- Asana (tool to manage operations)
- Lunchclub CMO and Marketing Today Podcast Episode
Subscribe to the podcast:
- Listen in iTunes (link: http://apple.co/2dbdAhV)
- Listen in Google Podcasts (link: http://bit.ly/2Rc2kVa)
- Listen in Spotify (Link: http://spoti.fi/2mCUGnC )
Connect with the Guest:
- Alanah LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alanahjoseph/
- Alanah Twitter: https://twitter.com/alanahjo
- HubSpot Twitter: https://twitter.com/HubSpot