On this 251st episode of Marketing Today, host Alan Hart talks to Dan Frohnen, the CMO of Sendoso. This leading sending platform helps companies stand out by giving them new ways to engage with customers through the buyer’s journey.
In this episode, Alan and Dan talk about what marketers should be thinking about to help companies deliver a better experience for their customers and their employees.
The conversation starts with Dan’s transition from the music industry to the tech industry and finally to his role as CMO at Sendoso. Throughout his career, he learned the importance of customer connectivity. For him, the details matter. It’s more than just “spraying them with digital” to get them to act — and more about doing the research and understanding what they’re looking for before offering a solution.
Through the rest of the interview, Dan talks about the current state of ABM and how the virtual world has made it even more necessary to be intentional about your outreach.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What connection means for marketers in a virtual world
- Why the details matter in customer relationships
- Why you should research your customer’s intent when they arrive through ABM
- [01:26] Dan’s transition from music to tech
- [02:21] What Sendoso is, and Dan’s role as CMO
- [05:07] The definition of a super sender
- [06:56] How Sendoso connects people in a virtual world
- [10:30] Dan’s view of the current state of ABM
- [12:25] Where Dan has seen ABM work well
- [14:09] The trends Paul sees for 2021
- [17:32] An experience that defines Dan, made him who he is today
- [18:55] Dan’s advice for his younger self
- [19:50] A recent impactful purchase Dan made
- [20:48] The brands, companies, and causes Dan follows
- [22:11] What Dan says is the biggest opportunity for marketers today
- Dan Frohnen
- Super Senders
- Account-based Marketing (ABM)
- Food Insecurity in America
- Find your local food bank
Connect with Marketing Today and Alan Hart: