During this 223rd episode of “Marketing Today,” host Alan Hart interviews Norm Chait, the Head of Out-of-Home Service at Ubimo.
On the program today, we modernize my definition of out-of-home based on what Ubimo is doing with its location-based intelligence offering and bringing audience understanding, location, and traffic monitoring to an old medium. The updated view Chait shares on what out-of-home should look like today can expand what’s possible for marketers.
Chait begins by talking about what attracted him to the out-of-home space and how Ubimo uses location intelligence to understand what people do throughout their day. We then discuss how technology has dramatically changed the out-of-home space by helping marketers understand where a particular audience is originating from and where they’re going. Chait says, “it all basically starts and ends with audiences and understanding what these folks are doing and how do we tie them back to a physical location.” Then we talk about how marketers can leverage these data points in the out-of-home space and how privacy is handled. He says, “every signal we see, every segment that’s built, is based on opt-in data, and it’s all based on location services.” We then talk about how Ubimo has approached data during COVID and how the current environment presents marketers opportunities to connect with shoppers when they’re thinking about shopping.
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today”:
- What attracted Norm to out-of-home. 01:09
- Learn about Ubimo. 02:49
- How Quotient fits into the mix. 04:26
- Bringing measurement to behavior that would otherwise be a void. 05:49
- How marketers can work with Ubimo. 07:38
- The digital out-of-home DSP. 08:56
- Different elements of the data that can be leveraged to understand the traffic of out-of-home placement. 10:50
- How privacy is handled in this environment. 13:14
- COVID dashboards. 14:29
- How marketers should be thinking about marketing differently during this time. 19:40
- Norm shares a defining experience. 21:52
- Norm reflects on advice he would give to his younger self. 23:29
- Norm shares about an impactful purchase he made in the last 6-12 months. 24:27
- Are there any brands, companies, or causes that Norm follows that he thinks other people should notice? 25:58
- Norm’s take on the top opportunity and threat facing marketers today. 27:59
Subscribe the podcast:
Listen in iTunes (link: http://apple.co/2dbdAhV)
Listen in Google Podcasts (link: http://bit.ly/2Rc2kVa)
Listen in Spotify (Link: http://spoti.fi/2mCUGnC )
Connect with the Guest:
Connect with Marketing Today and Alan Hart:
Support the show
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.