During this 186th episode of “Marketing Today,” host Alan Hart interviews Jared Gardner, from Qualtrics. Gardner has led search, conversion rate optimization, analytics, and content management programs across several vertical markets. This episode was a part of a series of interviews conducted at the Internet Summit in Raleigh, NC.
At Qualtrics, Gardner focuses on scaling demand generation through unpaid channels. Before Qualtrics, he worked for Red Door Interactive, with clients such as Charles Schwab and Century Link.
Gardner shares his journey from broadcast media to search and optimization. He thought, “digital marketing and the internet is not getting any smaller, so that’s gotta be an ok place to work.” Qualtrics focuses on an “action every day” mentality. Jared shares the Qualtrics approach for scaling search and conversion.
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today”:
- Jared’s background in broadcast media and journey into search and conversion optimization. 01:12
- The role at Qualtrics 02:00
- Scaling and creating scale at Qualtrics 02:25
- Two key pieces of advice for marketers trying to drive web traffic and conversions. 03:13
- Deciding “what” content to write to drive traffic. 04:53
- Examples of executing optimization 05:55
- The “in” metric for Qualtrics 07:00
- The future of search. 08:31
- The future of conversion. 11:31