During this 185th episode of “Marketing Today,” host Alan Hart interviews Eli Schwartz, an SEO expert and consultant with over a decade of experience. He has led SEO and growth programs for several leading B2B and B2C Companies. This episode was a part of a series of interviews conducted at the Internet Summit in Raleigh, NC.
Schwartz has worked with clients such as Shutterstock, Blue Nile, Quora, Get Around, Mixpanel, and Zen Desk to help them build and execute global SEO strategies. He led the SEO team at Survey Monkey, building organic search to one of the largest growth drivers at the company.
Schwartz shares how he got into SEO by accident. He talks about how basic SEO strategies aren’t keeping up with the changes that Google is making and how “we need to think about Google as another user that can read content.” SEO is “a marketing channel,” and companies are “wanting to have someone responsible for it, and they are wanting to have someone to grow that channel.”
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today”:
- Eli’s background in SEO” 01:09
- Why basic SEO practices just aren’t working. 02:16
- E.A.T. and the need for writing good content. 03:33
- The 4-step process for creating great content. 04:21
- The amazing stats around “organic” search. 06:09
- Examples of people “getting it right.” 07:14
- Programmatic SEO: the key to knocking it out with SEO. 08:58
- How SEO fits into the marketing mix. 09:40
- The future of search: AI 11:20