In this episode of “Marketing Today,” Alan interviews David Yovanno, CEO of Impact, a company operating in the partnership economy. David has spent 19 years in martech and adtech companies such Conversant, Gigya and Marin.
Yovanno shares not just his experience with Impact, but also what exactly the “partnership economy” is and how business partnerships and trusted referral networks can drive revenue. The partnership economy is the formation of alliances with businesses and individuals that have a trusted relationship with customers that you want to acquire.
We also have time to talk about the state of martech and adtech industries. Yovanno added, “consolidation is accelerating. All the new money is going to two companies, Facebook and Google.”
Highlights from this week’s Marketing Today:
- 01:50 – David Yovanno discusses how he got his start in his career.
- 06:01 – What are David’s concerns with the current state of the marketing agency?
- 10:15 – What is the partnership economy and where does it sit in the industry?
- 14:18 – How can companies get the most out of their partnerships?
- 19:30 – What has David seen work with incentivizing advertising?
- 22:06 – What are some interesting cases of partnerships growing on the Impact platform?
- 25:51 – Has there been an experience in David’s past that made him who he is today?
- 31:15 – What advice would David Yovanno give to his younger self
- 32:17 – What drives David Yovanno these days?
- 33:40 – Are there any companies, brands, or organizations that David believes marketers should pay attention to?
- 35:59 – What does David Yovanno see for the future of marketing?