For this week’s episode of “Marketing Today,” Alan talks with Cory Treffiletti, CMO of Voicera, a technology company that has created an AI virtual assistant named Eva (Enterprise Voice Assistant). Eva can be invited to meetings and will listen and take notes as well as follow up on identified action items and decisions.
Previously in his career, Treffiletti was the head of marketing for the Oracle Data Cloud, SVP and CMO of BlueKai, and was co-founder of numerous startups. Treffiletti also writes a long-running column for MediaPost (every Wednesday for the past 18 years, without fail), one of which, “The Future of AI? Just Watch Your Kids,” he discusses with Alan.
During the podcast, Trefffiletti also talks about the importance of building teams that are driven by ideas, not egos. “You can set up any kind of culture, and process and incentives, and organizational structures you want,” says Treffiletti. “But the people that you have and their approach to business, and their balance of ego and humility, is going to define the way that business is grown.”
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today” podcast include:
- Treffiletti discusses his background and career path. ([1:34])
- Treffiletti draws distinctions between marketing strategies for startups and bigger companies. ([2:58])
- “You should always be learning.” ([6:10])
- Making sure the promise of the brand matches the experience of the brand. ([11:07])
- Humility and authenticity go hand in hand. ([13:12])
- Treffiletti on team building. ([17:29])
- It’s OK to make mistakes, just not the same ones over and over again. ([22:00])
- The future of AI according to Teffiletti: Just watch your kids. ([24:14])